There is nothing better than a decadent ending to a lovely meal and cheesecake is always a crowd pleaser. Our no-bake White Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is a fluffy light alternative to the traditional heavier baked version. We’ve taken our simple recipe and added a hint of lavender, then paired the cheesecake with crunchy lavender infused Fleur-Two-Lis toffee. The delicate creamy/crunchy combination is truly a party for your mouth and a perfect encore.
White Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Before getting started, place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer to chill while prepping and measuring all ingredients.
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 32 crackers measuring 2.5”X2.5”/square)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups whipping cream
- 2 8 oz.bricks cream cheese (16 ounces total) at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lavender oil – optional
To make graham cracker crumbs in a food processor, break grahams in half and place in processor bowl, pulse to break the crackers and then process continuously until the crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Or to break manually, place all the crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until broken into fine crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl combine crumbs, butter and sugar. Stir until completely combined and the butter has coated all the crumbs. Press crumb mixture into a 9” spring form pan, firmly press crumbs up sides as well as the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Remove bowl and beaters from freezer and add whipping cream, beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
- Melt white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl by microwaving in 15-20 second intervals, stirring several times to distribute heat and aid in melting process, this step is important to prevent scorching and burning of chocolate.
- In a bowl with cream cheese mixture add the melted white chocolate, vanilla extract, and lavender oil if using, mix until completely combined. Fold in whipped cream in thirds, do not overmix.
- Pour the cheese mousse into prepared graham cracker crust and smooth top with spatula. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and decorate with Fleur-Two-Lis toffee, reserving scraps and additional pieces to accompany individual servings.
This is a recipe that can be made several days in advance and refrigerated. (Up to 3 days)
Notes: Choose gluten-free graham crackers for a gluten-free alternative. Graham cracker crumbs can be purchased in most grocery stores, however, crushing whole grahams is preferred.